Upcoming Events in Crested Butte, Colorado
Check our facebook page for the latest updates.
- Nina Rubin and Rabbi Hillel Katzir will be leading B’nai Butte in High Holidays this year. Nina is a social worker and Jewish educator from Fort Collins, CO who spent some time as a ski but in Crested Butte several decades ago. Hillel is a rabbi from Fort Collins who came to the rabbinate after spending fifteen years as an attorney, although for part of that time he did double duty as a High Holiday Cantor too!
- Sunday, September 9 6:00 pm Join us for welcoming the Jewish new year with a service and celebration at Queen of All Saints Parish Hall at 401 Sopris Avenue in Crested Butte. There will be a service followed by a festive New Year’s Pot Luck. Please bring a generous dish to share. Apples and Honey are taken care of. Please fill out the Pot Luck form to share what you are bringing: https://www.PerfectPotluck.com/RFHE2206.
- Monday, September 10 10:00 am Annual Rosh Hashanah morning hike, with Torah, Shofar services, and Tashlich. Please bring your own lunch and bread crumbs for Tashlich (casting away).
Meet at the first parking lot on Peanut Lake Road. In case of weather, check your email for a change of location or call Ofra at 970-596-3164.
- Tuesday, September 11 10:00 am,Second Day of Rosh Hashanah service with Rabbi Hillel Katzir at the Plaza meeting room, 11 Snowmass on the mountain. After the service a luncheon will be served, hosted by the Elfenbeins. Please RSVP by emailing Leslie via her email, email@example.com by September 4.
- Tuesday, September 18 7:00 pm, Kol Nidre, the Yom Kippur evening service, is held at Queen Of All Saints Parish Hall, 401 Sopris Ave, Crested Butte. As the pivotal, evocative prayer Kol Nidre (all vows) is sung towards the beginning, please plan to be on time. Please do NOT bring food, as the congregation will be fasting.
- Wednesday, September 19 10:00 am - Join us for a day of Yom Kippur services and reflections with Rabbi Hillel Katzir and Nina Rubin at the Queen of All Saints Parish Hall on 401 Sopris Ave in Crested Butte. Please come for as long as you would like. We would love for you to participate in all activities, but want you to feel comfortable and welcome to stay as long as you would like.
10:00 am - 12:30 pm, Yom Kippur morning service at Queen Of All Saints Parish Hall.
12:45 pm - 2:30 pm, open for members to present a topic for discussion or teach a subject.
2:30 pm - 3:30 pm a class taught by Nina on the Jewish Calendar
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm, Ask the Rabbi with Rabbi Hillel
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm, Mincha service, including discussion of the book of Jonah
- Wednesday, September 19
5:30 pm Yizkor (service of remembrance) followed by Ne’ilah (evening and concluding service), and break-the-fast following the services at Queen Of All Saints Parish Hall, 401 Sopris Ave, Crested Butte. Bring your shofar to join us in the final call of the shofar for the new year.
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm, Yizkor Memorial Service
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Nilah Service
7:00 pm - Breaking of the fast with potluck dinner
Please bring a generous dish to share and fill out our potluck form: https://www.PerfectPotluck.com/CBIN0832
We are going to build our Suka as we did last year at the lower parking lot of Queen of All Saints. We will need help to build and decorate the Suka. Sunday, September 23, 6: 30 pm we will have the blessing for Sukot in the Suka and weather permitting, potluck dinner. Please watch for an additional email with more details for Sukot.
More Jewish Events could pop up! Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ pages/Bnai-Butte-Congregation/255060397852981 and join our monthly email list by saying “add me” to firstname.lastname@example.org